Friday, May 7, 2010

Actually this IS AMERICA, if you dont like it fuck you.

Photobucket

I was going to go my usual route and be funny today, but an issue has crossed my thought stream and I'm going to vent here and now.





As you can see, although Im sure you've seen this already, 5 AMERICAN students were pretty much discriminated against for being proud to be AMERICAN in AMERICA. All that sink in? Good, I hope you're on the same page as me.

"The boys said they had no intention of sparking conflict. At least two of them said they are part Hispanic."

"Cinco de Mayo is a regional holiday limited primarily to the state of Puebla. There is some limited recognition of the holiday in other parts of the country."

Yet Annicia Nunez via KNTV, a student at the school essentially compared BEING PROUD TO BE AMERICAN was as disrespectful as it would be if she were to disrespect america on the 4th of july.
-You can find her quote at the bottom of the article.

I believe the last time I checked this was America.

Also as you can see in this link Cinco de Mayo is not a national Mexican holiday. So they spit on the constitution and made a mockery of the American Flag for a holiday that is akin to St. Patricks day. That makes me sick, disgusted that this can actually happen in the "Land of the free". At least these 5 boys kept alive the "Home of the brave" part. Morgan Hill High School Fuck you, from all of use who love OUR country.

Ok so now moving on as it turns out about 100 mexican students protested the boys coice of clothing, but those students were not reprimanded in any way. Allowed to protest of course because of the same rights and freedoms that the American flag represents, and rights they think should be taken from these boys. Hypocrisy.

So this is where we are, its not ok to be proud of being american at morgan hill high school, but it is ok to protest basic freedoms of americans .. hmmm. Am I missing somthing?

"Assistant Principal Miguel Rodriguez told them to wear the clothes inside out or go home.", If this was a white assistant principal with the same complaint to a student wearing mexican flag clothes he would be called a racist, and fired the next day, and dont look at me like that, we all know its true.

Here is a quote from me that I made to a friend on FB earlier today on this issue,
"It isnt even a national mexican holiday according to what Ive read about it. Its celebrated in the Peubla state in mexico and celebrated here in America. It's not their independance day, which people sometimes think. It's similar to the way Irish people take to st. paddys day, and this wouldnt have happend on st. paddys day. They are trying to turn it into a race/hate issue, they try to make everything a race issue, when not everything is. I love America, I fucking love America, and my America is full of white, black, latino, red, purple, orange, ya dig?"
----That about sums up my feelings

Heres an editorial supporting the boys in the washington times

The Stars and Stripes should be a proud statement of unity for all Americans of all shapes, colors, and sizes. Cut the bullshit people and I hope my fellow Americans will support these 5 boys - here is a FB group you can join to show support. (Group not run by me)

Fox new reports police are on the look out for gang related retaliation .. yup, thats America.

I dont even have American flag clothing, but in support of these boys I will be buying new shirts and wearing them with the pride and honor that comes with the American Flag.
And I hope everybody says a little prayer for the countless AMERICANS who laid down their lives for THEIR FLAG AND COUNTRY and the freedoms that they represent, freedoms that were snatched away from these boys.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one better

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYiQhktxF-Y&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha miguel rodriguez hahaha

    ReplyDelete