Friday, October 22, 2010

WWBS Educating Assholes >> Irregardless

People think it means - Regardless.

What it actually means - Not a god damn thing.

Photobucket

This is not a word. Again, This I S N O T a word.

Its a bastardized version of the word "regardless". I like to make up words myself, I do it all the time, but I am aware that I just made that shit up. I know an English major, her focus of study in college revolves around words, and she says irregardless all the time. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. You don't need to use this word, we already have a word to describe something that isn't worth regard, regardless, hence the -less suffix. So, you add an ir- prefix to the son of a bitch and not only do you look like an asshole, but you also change the meaning of the word to the opposite of what you're trying to say. Get it? If not, continue using irregardless, I have no use for you.

The most frequent users of irregardless, are people who are trying to sound smarter than they are. Remind them that when trying to be a condescending jerk, it's best not to use a made up, fairytale, fucking word.

Idiot Scale of those who use this word (1-10): 3. As bad as it is, id guess, 43% of the population gets this one wrong.
Punishment deserved: Users of irregardless should be force to watch hours of Ozzy Osbourne slur through made up words, just to realize just how stupid they look.

Photobucket
Think about that shit the next time you say irregardless.

5 comments:

  1. snl: best of jimmy fallon was on today and they had a bit where hes dumb and he says "irregardless" ... i had a good laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy Fallon in real life is probably fairly dumb, but if him and SNL are on my side, they clearly know what theyre talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i HATE when people use that word!!! aaaaaa!!! im also a huge chalkboard fingernail sufferer when people use double negatives.

    "irregardless, i dont got no idea what you want from me"

    AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you're smart so you're probably a total grammar nazi. It's one of the things I like about ya.

    I also dislike Aint, ugh, aint..

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, I want to buy that shirt that is pictures. Flippin sweeeeeeeeet!

    ReplyDelete